Citizens of the world, it’s time to pack your bags and set sail for paradise! Kalypso Media and El Presidente himself are thrilled to announce that fans pre-ordering the PC version of Tropico 6 on the Kalypso Shop will gain instant access to an exclusive closed beta, allowing gamers around the world to preview the latest entry in the acclaimed strategy series. If that’s not enough, they can also help themselves to a 10% discount, with an additional 15% off for first time customers registering a new Kalypso community account!
There will be two mouthwatering pre-order options for budding dictators to choose from. The Standard Edition is available with a 10% discount and direct access to the beta, while the special El Prez Edition also comes with a 10% discount and immediate beta access, but also adds some special in-game content (a tourist outfit for El Prez and a Flamingo Pond for the presidential palace), the digital soundtrack and a fabulous digital calendar.
The beta itself will initially contain a generous amount of content for eager Tropicans to get stuck into, offering the complete tutorial spanning all four eras (Colonial, World Wars, Cold War and Modern Times), two sandbox maps demonstrating Tropico’s new archipelago system in all its glory, and two full missions to sample the kinds of challenges that wannabe dictators will face in the full release. Supported languages include English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian, while the Tropican Ministry of Propaganda and Misinformation has also confirmed that additional content and features will be added to the beta closer to full release.
About Tropico 6
El Presidente is back! In times of political turmoil and social unrest, the people are calling out for a visionary leader, one who will steer the fate of their country with foresight and ingenuity. Prove yourself once again as a feared dictator or peace-loving statesman on the island state of Tropico and shape the fate of your nation through four distinctive eras. Face new challenges on the international stage and always keep the needs of your people in mind.
For the first time in the series, manage extensive archipelagos, build bridges to connect your islands and use new means of transportation and infrastructure. Send your Tropicans on raids to steal the wonders of the world, including the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower. Customize your palace at will and give election speeches from your balcony, to win the favor of your subjects.
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Co-operative and competitive multiplayer for up to four players.