Is the god-sim genre being resurrected? SOEDESCO Publishing announces the release of REUS – the tactical god-sim – on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for the first time as digital and retail products, launching in Q3 2016.
Playing as a giant superhero? How about playing as four giants with superpowers? In REUS you can! Each giant has its own strengths and with all their powers combined you’ll shape and evolve the planet to let your tiny humans live in prosperity and peace… If you want peace and prosperity, that is…
Dutch publisher SOEDESCO and developer Abbey Games are teaming up to create REUS for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 as a digital and retail product, which will launch this autumn.
In Reus, you control powerful giants that help you shape the planet to your will. You can create mountains and oceans, forests and more. Enrich your planet with plants, minerals and animal life. There is only one thing on the planet that you do not control: mankind, with all their virtues and and all their vices. You can shape their world, but not their will. Provide for them and they may thrive. Give them too much and their greed may get the upper hand.
- Control four mighty giants, each with their unique abilities
- Terra-form the planet to your will, experiment with different terrain types
- A complex system of upgrades and synergies allows for endless styles of play
- Observe humanity, let your giants praise or punish them
- Enjoy an interesting art style and a strong soundtrack
- Enrich the planet with over 100 plants, animals and minerals
- Unlock new content by helping humanity achieve numerous developments
Reus is Abbey Games‘ debut. The idea of Reus spawned at the end of 2011 and incubated in the dungeons of the Utrecht University. It would be an ambitious project, but also one we felt we had to make. In the flickering artificial light of the basement, Reus grew from nothing to something. Its long development cycle is unique for a starting indie studio. Even though Reus’ scope is ambitious, we felt that now is the time for a project that we are passionate about. During 2012 and the start of 2013 Reus and Abbey Games developed alongside to a product that feels complete and triggers our pride.