HyperX, a division of Kingston® Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping HyperX CloudX™ Pro Gaming Headset. HyperX first announced its partnership with Microsoft in January to create an official licensed headset for Xbox One. HyperX CloudX expands the company’s console product offerings with its design specifically for Xbox convenience and style.
HyperX CloudX has an in-line audio control allowing users to adjust volume and mute the detachable noise-cancelling microphone right on the cable. The headset’s durable silver aluminum frame and matte black finishes complement the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller for a stylish matching setup. CloudX also comes with an exclusive hard shell carrying case for protection and convenient portability. Based on the award-winning HyperX Cloud II design, CloudX offers the same great comfort and fully immersive audio with 100-percent memory foam ear cushions and headband, and crystal-clear sound via large 53mm drivers so players can engage in hours of gaming on Xbox One, Windows, mobile devices and other consoles. Additionally, certification by TeamSpeak™ and compatibility with Discord, Skype™, Ventrilo, Mumble and RaidCall all equal an improved chat experience.
“The HyperX Cloud family has gained notoriety for its comfort, quality and value” said Edward Baily, HyperX EMEA business manager. “We have designed CloudX with the same award winning features and added console conveniences and premium accessories all while keeping gamer’s budgets in mind to maintain an exceptional price point.”
HyperX CloudX ships with interchangeable velour ear cups, a 2M PC extension cable and a hard shell carrying case, and has an MSRP of £79.99 and €99.99.
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology encompassing high-speed DDR4 and DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, headsets and mouse pads. Targeted at gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 30 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX can be found at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack, ESL One, Gamescom and PAX.
For more information visit the HyperX home page.
HyperX CloudX Features and Specifications:
- Official Xbox™ licensed headset: Tested and approved by Microsoft, HyperX CloudX works with Xbox Elite wireless controllers and other Xbox One controllers with a 3.5mm stereo headset jack. With additional Windows compatibility, it comes with a 2M PC extension cable with stereo and mic plugs.
- In-line audio control: Conveniently adjust volume and mute microphone right on the cable, with no need to go into console settings to adjust headset sound.
- Hard shell carrying case: HyperX CloudX comes with a handy, hard shell carrying case to protect it and make it easy to take with you, wherever you game.
- Award-winning total comfort: Its 100% memory foam ear cushions with padded leatherette headband give you the ultimate in comfort, even when you’re gaming for hours on end.
- Immersive in-game audio: Lose yourself in the game with HyperX Cloud’s award-winning audio performance featuring crystal-clear low, mid and high tones and a closed cup design for environmental noise isolation. HyperX Cloud is HiFi capable, with 53mm drivers.
- Detachable noise-cancellation microphone: The removable microphone boom is easy to plug in for gaming or unplug to listen to music. Its flexible design allows for custom mic positioning.
- Durable aluminum frame: Its solid aluminum frame gives HyperX Cloud long-lasting stability and durability.
- Interchangeable ear cups: Two sets of cushions allow for different textural comfort against the ear. The velour cushions provide breathable comfort and open sound, while the leatherette cushions reduce surrounding noises.
- Driver: Dynamic, 53mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 15Hz-25,000Hz
- Impedance: 60
- Sound pressure level: 98dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 150mW, Maximum 300mW
- Weight: 309g
- Weight w/ mic and cable: 322g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + PC extension cable (2m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + PC extension cable and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz-18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -39dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)