Operation Dust Line, the free update for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, will be availble for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC from may 4th. Ubisoft promised post-launch content and this update contains two new operators, a new map, gameplay improvements and other features.
Two new US Navy SEAL Operators and The Boder Map
The Operation Dust Line Team enlists the help of two US Navy SEAL’s to secure The Border. This is a new map consisting of old an new structures with outdoor passages, making it the most open and destructible map until now. The new operators are :
- Valkyrie: Equipped with the ‘Black Eye’ Gyro Cam Mk2: a camera for quick use that provides the team an extra pair of eyes.
- Blackbeard: Throws the TARS Mk – or Transparent Armored Rifle Shield (transparent reinforced rifle shield) – into the battle, which strongly improves mobile protection, without obstructing the view.
Improved Gameplay Experience
The development team is motivated to continue to improve the gameplay experience in Rainbow Six Siege. They do this by, on the one hand providing new content, but also by balancing out the operators, increase the comfort of the player and improve the netcodee. Here is a list of changes:
- Customization Loadout between rounds: Players will now be able to customize their operator’s loadout between each round. Simply select your operator and go to their loadout to select weapon, attachments, charms and headgear.
- Improving operators: The unique gadget I.Q. now provides improved visual feedback, the Montagne shield now also offers protection from the side and the LMG of Tachank is easier to install and use. Additional adjustments have also been made to the operators, secondary weapons and gadgets.
- Cancel Gadgets: By enabling this option in the menu, players can now – at any time – cancel the placement of a gadget. This creates an additional level of gameplay and tactics that can confuse opponents.
- Winner Team Showcase: We are also introducing a new winner’s showcase to the end of multiplayer matches. After the final round, the winning team’s operators will be displayed in all their glory to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned, for ultimate bragging rights.
Owners of the Seasons Pass will automatically get the new Navy SEAL Operators and will be able to use them. If you do not own a Seasons Pass yet, you will be able to unlock those operators from 18 may onwards using Fame or R6 credits,
More information about Operation Dust Line can be found on the Operation Dust Line Website